- 2 cups vine-ripened tomatoes (in one or multiple varieties). Half the cherry or grape tomatoes, slice/chop larger tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 peeled cucumber either thinly sliced or diced (if you do not have cucumber on hand, this ingredient can be left out).
- 6-8 freshly chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 red onion cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup feta cheese; crumbled
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP sea salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
This is a salad that tastes best when it is made fresh before eating. It loses some of the crispness of the cucumber and onion if it sits in the oil and vinegar too long. If you do want to make the salad early, combine all the ingredients except the vinegar and oil. The oil and vinegar should be added just before serving.